VERSION DATE – September 2015
Whispering Brook Pty Limited, ABN 60126246624 (“we”,”us” or the “Company” ) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles 2014 (“APP”) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”).
1. 1. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED The Company will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, the Company may collect personal information from you when you:
1. 2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION The Company may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you), for other purposes to which you have consented and as otherwise permitted or required by law. In general we collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with our business operations. Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are set out in section 3.1 below. In addition to the purposes set out in section 3.1, we may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
1.3 PAYMENT / FINANCIAL INFORMATION The Company uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
2. RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. MANAGEMENT AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. 1. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION The Company may use your personal information for the following purposes:
3. 2. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Your personal information will be retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and as otherwise might be required by law. After such period, your personal information will be either de-identified or permanently destroyed in accordance with the Act and the Company’s document retention policies.
3. 3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION 4 The Company may disclose your personal information to its related entities located anywhere in the world. The Company may also disclose your personal information (including to entities located outside Australia):
3. 4. OVERSEAS TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related entities overseas and to our overseas service providers. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Act in relation to such information.
6. PERSONS UNDER LEGAL ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND PURCHASING AGE
Access to the Site is governed by Terms & Conditions . The Company does not permit persons who are under legal alcohol consumption and/or purchasing age in their country of residence to use the Site and such persons must not fraudulently misstate their age to obtain access to the Site or in providing us with any personal information. For Australian residents, only those aged 18 years and over may access and use the Site.
7. CONTACT US
Keep up to date with wine + viticultural information, new wine releases & events.